Student Forum

Welcome to the RIB support forum, designed for students to discuss technical issues about RIB software.

Please read the FAQ and your question may already be answered!

Student FAQ - Read First keyboard_arrow_right

General Discussion Upgrading to new database failed and can't open cost x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      brionais
      Participant

Hi,

My computer had suddenly restarted and updated, and after that I was no longer able to open iTwo Cost X 7.0. It said that the services where not running – the services where not shown in the services app to get them running. I then ran the installer again. This was the exact same installer that was run when I first downloaded it – from the same email that I had got. This didn’t work. I then uninstalled it but said to keep my database.

Now when I go to open it it says that “this database is from an older version of iTwo Cost X” and that it needs to be upgraded before being used. I then click upgrade but it says that the upgrade failed. Is there a way to get this to work without losing what I was working on?

RIB CostX

Hi Brionais,

This is a database error where you have kept the old database from the previous version of iTWO costX. To upgrade to a newer release of iTWO costX you will have to completely uninstall the current version of iTWO costX including selecting “No” when prompted if you wish to keep the database.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
      iTWO costX Forum Admin

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.