Student Forum

Welcome to the RIB support forum, designed for students to discuss technical issues about RIB software.

Please read the FAQ and your question may already be answered!

Student FAQ - Read First keyboard_arrow_right

Activation & Licensing Unable to re-install

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      EyeOfAdi
      Participant

Hi Admin,

I recently formatted my laptop and had to reinstall the software, but the serial no. is not able to activate the program. Would you be able to help me out?

The serial no. is valid till 31th Dec 2018.

Academic mail address: apharty@deakin.edu.au

Thanks in advance

RIB CostX

Hi EyeOfAdi,

An educational CostX licence can only ever be activated once, on one computer. As you’ve tried to uninstall and reinstall again, you’ll need to get a new serial number.

Firstly, completely uninstall CostX from your current computer, including selecting ‘No’ when asked if you wish to keep the database.

Then, please apply for a new licence at the following link: http://techweb.exactal.com/resources/educational_request.php

Once installation is complete, you should be able to use your new licence with no issues.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

CostX Forum Admin

up918729
      Participant

Hello,

My name is Elena and I study at University of Portsmouth where we use Costx versión 6.5 .

I am experiencing problems with my laptop and I will need to do a formatting but as it says on the email, that we can only use this serial number once, I am waiting to get a new serial number just before I do the formatting of my laptop which I need to do ASAP.

As I read on your answer before, if I try to ask for a new serial number, it only allowes me to do it for 6.6 onwards but I need 6.5 because this is the one university asked me for because is the licence they have.

My actual serial number is: ECF5-1392-8482-E399

Expiry Date: 30 June 2019

My academic email address is Up918729@myport.ac.uk

Thanks so much in advance, I really hope you could help me.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.