Student Forum

Welcome to the RIB support forum, designed for students to discuss technical issues about RIB software.

Please read the FAQ and your question may already be answered!

Student FAQ - Read First keyboard_arrow_right

General Discussion Unable to install the software

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      byamsani
      Participant

I have got the license and trying to install the software into my system. I am getting an error of setup unable to upgrade the database cluster successfully. I have searched for the FAQs and deleted all the Exactal files and tried again but still, I am seeing the same error. Can somebody help me in installing the software? Your help is appreciated. I am attaching the error

message as an image.error message

RIB CostX

Hi byamsani,

Thank you for your post. We’ve replied to you through your academic email address.

Please check your inbox and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

iTWO costX Student Forum Admin

Hemaka
      Participant

Hi,

Same issue with me. Can you please forward me the solution ?

Appreciate your earliest response.

Thanks,

Hemaka

RIB CostX

Hi Hemaka,

Thank you for your reply.

Please could you try the following:

1) Ensure all Microsoft Updates have been installed.

2) Any antivirus installed (other than Microsoft Defender) may need to be stopped or removed (if free).

3) Use the right click on the installer file and use “Run as Administrator” for the install.

If it still not works, first exit the installer and then delete the Exactal folder from: C:\ProgramData\Exactal (the programdata directory is hidden by default).

Once deleted, reboot the machine then proceed with the new installation.

If you don’t delete the Exactal folder the old database will still be there.

Hope this finally resolves your issue!

iTWO costX Student Forum Admin

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.