Student Forum

Welcome to the RIB support forum, designed for students to discuss technical issues about RIB software.

Please read the FAQ and your question may already be answered!

Student FAQ - Read First keyboard_arrow_right

Activation & Licensing unable to connect Cost X service

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      shawn17128795
      Participant

Hello, there

I successfully downloaded and run Cost X serval months ago. Recently I try to use it but find cannot log in. Once I input username and password, it notices me “unable to connect to Cost x service”, please see the attached photos.

I read the FAQ and check the services window, no Cost x database there.

I quit all anti-virus applications then try again, and failed to log in as well.

Please help to solve this problem, many thanks.

Shawn

26/08/2018unable to connect

RIB CostX

Dear Shawn,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please tell me which CostX version you are running?

Apart from this, educational version of CostX should be the standalone version of CostX, and your message indicates that you have tried to launch the network version of CostX.

But in order to solve your problem, you need to tell us which version you are using.

Regards,

CostX Forum Admin

shawn17128795
      Participant

Good evening, Sir

Very glad to hear from you.

My Cost X version is 6.6 R3.  As what you say, once I double click on the icon to input my username and ID, it reminders me that: unable to connect to server 127.0.0.1, and asks me to restart in standalone mode. then I restart and try again in a standalone mode, error massage comes again which says: error on data writing to the connection: invalid socket. it also recommends: would you like to restart in a net work mode? It seems like a circle.

Before, I succesfully run this software serveral times and last week I was free and wanted to practice more, but failed to log in. Another point is that, two weeks ago the keyboard of my laptop was broken and was replaced with a new one, during this peocess, the memory and battary were disconnect, does that matter?

Thanks for your reply.

All the best

Shawn
      27/08/2017

RIB CostX

Hi Shawn,

Thank you for your post.

We emailed you directly, please check your email associated with your account.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

CostX Forum Admin

ivan.lin
      Participant

Hi Admin,

I have the same problem with CostX 6.8 ,series number: EECB-AB76-B9DD-B96B.

my email is shelin07@student.wintec.ac.nz

RIB CostX

Hi Ivan,

Could you please explain the problem you meet?

Kind regard,

CostX Forum Admin

ivan.lin
        Participant

It runs first time, after couple of days when I try to start it, it gives message says: “invalid socket” as below:

It’s happened with me several times, and I tried to reinstall it with the same file I downloaded, but it doesn’t work.

Please help with this issue. Thanks!

Ivan

Denis
      Participant

Hi there,

I’ve had the same problem. I haven’t started costx in a  few months but tried it tonight and keep getting this error. I reinstalled 6.6 R1 but still kept getting same error.

Costx Screenshot

Regards,

Denis

RIB CostX

Hi Denis,

Can you download the CostX 6.6 installer again (it is 6.6 revision 3) and run the installer on top (without changing anything but just click next). Hopefully this will fix the issue.

Kind regard,

CostX Forum Admin

Denis
      Participant

Hi there,

Can you provide a link to the 6.6 rev 3 download please?

Regards,

Denis

Denis
      Participant

Bump

RIB CostX

Hi Denis,

Please apply on this web: https://education.itwocostx.com/support/forum/educational-request/ and choose version 6.6.

Kind regard,

CostX Forum Admin

Denis
      Participant

Hi there,

I already applied for the student licence in 2006 and paid €1000, i’m looking for a direct download to fix the software which does not work.

Regards,

Denis

RIB CostX

Hi Denis,

You mentioned you would like to have a direct download to fix the software. Can you please advise what kind of problem you meet? And you mentioned you have paid for CostX, I would like to know if you can send us the serial number of CostX you have?

Kind regard,

CostX Forum Admin

Oliver Whyte
      Participant

Hello,

I have got a similar issue to the ones above.

I installed CostX 6.8 last night but accidentally installed it as the non-student version. I then uninstalled it and tried to install again as a student version but it’s is coming up with a message saying it cannot be reactivated.

What do I do?

Thanks

Oliver

RIB CostX

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your email.

An educational serial can only ever be activated once, on one computer. Simply apply for a new serial at the following link – https://education.itwocostx.com/support/forum/educational-request/ then run CostX again with your new serial.

Thank you and hope this helps!

CostX Forum Admin

Vedansh Dubey
      Participant

Hello,

I have similar problem.

During installation of CostX 6.8 it is showing “Unable to connect to database”.

what should I do?screenshot

RIB CostX

Hi Vedansh,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

Primarily, there are two common reasons for this error. Firstly, you should check if the CostX Database service is running. Open your Services windows and scroll down to “CostX Database” and check the Status. If it is not running, right click and select “Start”. If you have done this and still get the unable to connect to the database error, then this may be due to a firewall or antivirus software assuming that CostX is a malware. In this case, you will need to either add the Exactal program folder to the AV exclusions list of disable the AV scan and run CostX installer again to repair CostX services.

If you have further questions, please contact education@exactal.com.

Thanks.

CostX Forum Admin

Zi DUAN
      Participant

Hi

I have the same problems.My version is 6.8 educational.

I have sucessfully used this for few times but I now cannot use it again.When I tried to set up standalone costx,it showed unable to connect to the database,error on data wiriting to the connection: invalid socket.

I checked  solutions on your website but I could not find theses itmes on my computer.And I have also applied for a new serial number, but I could not uninstall my previous version, it showed [1554] database failed to uninstall.

So could you please tell me what should I do now to reinstall a new version and run it sucessfully?

Thank you.

Charlotte

RIB CostX

Hi Charlotte,

Primarily, there are two common reasons for this error. Firstly, you should check if the CostX Database service is running. Open your Services windows and scroll down to “CostX Database” and check the Status. If it is not running, right click and select “Start”. If you have done this and still get the unable to connect to the database error, then this may be due to a firewall or antivirus software assuming that CostX is a malware. In this case, you will need to either add the Exactal program folder to the AV exclusions list of disable the AV scan and run CostX installer again to repair CostX services.

To gain a better understanding of your issue, could you check and advise if there are any security applications that would be blocking access to remove the files when uninstalling?

Alternatively, can you send us (education@exactal.com) the event log details for review to get an idea of what could be causing the issue?

Thank you in advance.

CostX Forum Admin

ZHAXY
      Participant

Hi,

My version is 6.8 educational. There is an error message when uninstalling, how can I solve it?

Thank you very much,

Jennifer

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.