Student Forum

Welcome to the RIB support forum, designed for students to discuss technical issues about RIB software.

Please read the FAQ and your question may already be answered!

Student FAQ - Read First keyboard_arrow_right

General Discussion Sudden system error

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      wiebitte
      Participant

Dear Administrator,

I just installed an Edu-licensed Cost X on my lap and I kept learning how to measure it these days.

This morning, a system crash occurred and I couldn’t use it anymore:

when I tried to open CostX(Standalone), an Error message appeared, as the attached screenshot,

when I tried to open CostX(Client), I was required to provide username & password, which I definitely have none.

Would you please guide me what to do?Error Message

RIB CostX

Hi wiebitte,

Thanks for your post.

Primarily, there are two common reasons for this error. Firstly, you should check if the CostX Database service is running. Open your Services windows and scroll down to “CostX Database” and check the Status. If it is not running, right click and select “Start”.

If you have done this and still get the unable to connect to the database error, then this may be due to a firewall or antivirus software assuming that CostX is a malware. In this case, you will need to either add the Exactal program folder to the AV exclusions list of disable the AV scan and run CostX installer again to repair CostX services.

This issue can also occur if using an older version of CostX after updating to Windows 10, but as you are on Version 6.6 R3, this wouldn’t be the case.

Hope this Helps!

Regards,

CostX Forum Admin

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.