Student Forum

Welcome to the RIB support forum, designed for students to discuss technical issues about RIB software.

Please read the FAQ and your question may already be answered!

Student FAQ - Read First keyboard_arrow_right

Activation & Licensing Student license entered, says requesting non-educational licence

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Ben Wilkinson
      Participant

Hi Everyone,

Just downloaded CostX and trying to activate my account, when I go to click activate after entering all of my info as per the instructions presented in the email I get presented with a pop up box reading

“Activiation failed: Educational restriction failed (Requested non-educational, licence requested is educational.
      Serial Number: ####-####-####-####”

How do i make my around this issue as as I’m at a bit of a dead end on how I get around this

Cheers,

Ben

RIB CostX

Hi Ben,

Thanks for posting on the CostX Student Forum.

The error prompt “Educational restriction failed (Requested non-educational, license requested is educational)” is most commonly due to an installation error where you may have ran the “Network” option instead of “Standalone / Educational (Run with a local standalone database)”. Firstly, completely uninstall CostX from your current computer, including selecting ‘No’ when asked if you wish to keep the database. Then apply for a new serial. Finally reinstall CostX with the “Standalone / Educational (Run with a local standalone database)” option, which appears during the installation process.

If you have further questions, please contact education@exactal.com.

Many thanks.

CostX Forum Admin

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.