Student Forum

Welcome to the RIB support forum, designed for students to discuss technical issues about RIB software.

Please read the FAQ and your question may already be answered!

Student FAQ - Read First keyboard_arrow_right

General Discussion Stairs (Dimension Groups)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Unknown
      Participant

How do I measure the stairs floor area and wall finish? (Dimension groups)

Note; the stairs that I am measuring have two 90 degree turns when going up. The first turn is displayed on the ground level drawing and the second on the first floor drawing. The drawings I am measuring are non-smart which I had to manually calibrate.

Thanks.

RIB CostX

Hi there,

Thank you for posting on the student forum.

Multi-segmental measurements may be taken by aligning the mouse over the start of the line (or first point) and left clicking the mouse. Release the mouse click and move it across to the end of the first line segment (or second point) and hold down the control (Ctrl) key before clicking on the end of the first line segment (or second point). Release the mouse click and move it across to the end of the next line segment (or third point). A line is displayed indicating the extents of the measurement being taken, each segmental line length is displayed next to the line, and the angle between each line segment is displayed.

If you have any questions or would like to screenshot explaining the above, please email education@exactal.com.

Thank you.

CostX Forum Admin

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.