Student Forum

Welcome to the RIB support forum, designed for students to discuss technical issues about RIB software.

Please read the FAQ and your question may already be answered!

Student FAQ - Read First keyboard_arrow_right

Activation & Licensing Re-activation License

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      georgepurvis
      Participant

Good Morning

I have tried to activate my CostX license for the first time use and have received the – “Activation Failed: License cannot be re-activated, please contact your distributor.”

This occurred when i first installed and put in the given license, I then requested a new license and it has occurred again.

If you need any further information feel free to let me know and i will be happy to provide.

All the best

RIB CostX

Hi georgepurvis,

Thank you for your post.

Regarding your issue, you could please uninstall iTWO costX completely (without keeping the database) then try a fresh reinstall and activate it by a new serial number. To obtain a new license, please apply with your academic email through this link: https://education.itwocostx.com/support/forum/educational-request/

Hope this helps!

Regards,

iTWO costX Forum Admin

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by RIB CostX.
      georgepurvis
      Participant

Thank you for this. I have followed the steps and attempted to activate the new license after un-installing. Now I am getting an error of “Unable to contact activation server. Please ensure your computer is connect to the Internet.”

I am connected to the internet, I also attempted to manually activate the license, however, when doing this I received the same error as before stating that i am unable to reactivate the license.

If you would be able to advice on the process of licensing this it would be greatly appreciated.

THanks

George

RIB CostX

Hi George,

Thank you for the update.

We’ve passed your issue onto our IT support team, and they’ll contact you shortly.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

iTWO costX Forum Admin

kaleh
      Participant

hello,

I ve just got my student license at 21.06.2021 ,but it expires 31.06.2021..just 10 days.it is not enough to study my project.I would like to extend my license .What should i do?Thanks

RIB CostX

Hi Kaleh,

Thanks for your post.

Per your lecturer’s advice, we’ve extended your license.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

iTWO costX Forum Admin

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.