Student Forum

Welcome to the RIB support forum, designed for students to discuss technical issues about RIB software.

Please read the FAQ and your question may already be answered!

Student FAQ - Read First keyboard_arrow_right

General Discussion Opening exports from Revit

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      je.ossa
      Participant

Hello everyone,

I am new to using iTWO CostX, and I have not gotten very far with it as I have not been able to insert a drawing exported with the RIB iTWO Revit Plugin. I get the following message:

Error when opening drawing

I have tried to export the model from Revit in ifc format, but it loses too much information and has some other errors.

Lastly, I am using Revit 2021, so I can’t open the drawing directly in RVT format, as it is not supported by iTWO CostX.

Any advice on what I need to do to be able to open the drawings?

RIB CostX

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

Please try to manually extract the drawing file with the existing compression application (e.g. 7-zip), the extracted file is an ordinary CPIXML file that iTWO costX can handle.

Hope this Helps!

Regards,

iTWO costX Forum Admin

je.ossa
        Participant

Hello Admin,

Thanks for your reply, however, this does not seem the issue. The exported files are already in the CPIXML extension (see picture), and the error message comes when using the “Add drawing” tool from the “Drawings” ribbon, after I have already created a Building. I am not sure if that is actually the correct way of opening CPIXML files, but I have not been able to sort this out. Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.