Student Forum

Welcome to the RIB support forum, designed for students to discuss technical issues about RIB software.

Please read the FAQ and your question may already be answered!

Student FAQ - Read First keyboard_arrow_right

Activation & Licensing Obtained educational licensing – not starting new project

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Dasch
      Participant

I am a student that has obtained the required educational licensing for the exactal product – costx, yet when starting a new building – there is no option of selecting default. This prohibits the use of progressing further and renders the rest of the software useless, as I’m unable to access its primary functions (i.e workbook).

It is imperative this issue be resolved as soon as possible as it is hindering my progress at uni, this software being a primary component of the units for this semester.

Roryt17
      Participant

Hi did you get a solution to this as i am experiencing the same issue ?

RIB CostX

Hi Dasch & Roryt17,

Apologies for the late response. We’ve just switched forum styles so having some issues with notifications.

Can we confirm- is it not allowing you to select a default building or a default project?

In CostX Educational, you can create up to four buildings, however you can’t create or delete a project- you must use the default project.

If it is possible to attach a screenshot then please do so as that will assist with helping us to solve the issue.

Thanks!

Regards,

CostX Forum Admin

Roryt17
        Participant

its not allowing me to select a default project

RIB CostX

Hi Roryt17,

Thanks for your post. Could you please first uninstall your copy of CostX, and select ‘No’ when asked if you want to keep the database. Then, please apply for a new licence at this link https://education.itwocostx.com/support/forum/educational-request/. Please email education@exactal.com as soon as you do so we can expedite your request.

When downloading the new version, could you please document the process? If you again cannot see a default project when starting, the process being documented will help us to see where the issue could be occuring in the installation process.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

CostX Forum Admin

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by RIB CostX.
      murph449
      Participant

Hi,

This is also happening me. It will not let me choose the default option when i first open CostX. Also, When I attempt to select ‘New Project’, an error message appears stating ‘This operation cannot be performed in an educational version of this product’.

Thanks,

Michael

RIB CostX

Hi Michael,

Thanks for posting on the student forum.

Indeed, new projects cannot be created in the Educational version. Only the default project can be used and is in the database at installation.

iTWO costX Forum Admin

murph449
      Participant

Hi,

How do i proceed on doing that? I also want to make you aware, when I attempt to select default project in when opening a new building, The option doesn’t appear.

RIB CostX

Hi Michael,

Thanks for posting on the forum.

We will be contacting you via email shortly with the advice.

iTWO costX Forum Admin

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.