Student Forum

Welcome to the RIB support forum, designed for students to discuss technical issues about RIB software.

Please read the FAQ and your question may already be answered!

Student FAQ - Read First keyboard_arrow_right

General Discussion FAILED TO INSTALL COST X

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      grewdeline
      Participant

May i request a new product serial no. for my cost x ?Since my previous cost x got problem so I uninstall it and install it again but it failed.This is because the serial no. can only use once so i need to request a new serial no. to intall it again. So pls send me the new serial no. as soon as possible for urgent purpose.Thank You.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by grewdeline.
      RIB CostX

Hi Grewdeline,

Thanks for your post.

An educational CostX licence can only ever be activated once, on one computer. As you’ve tried to uninstall and reinstall again on the same computer, you’ll need to get a new serial number.

Firstly, completely uninstall CostX from your current computer, including selecting ‘No’ when asked if you wish to keep the database.

Then, please apply for a new licence at the following link: https://education.itwocostx.com/support/forum/educational-request/ (or click the red button ‘Apply for a Licence’ at the top of this page)

Once the licence is approved, you will be emailed installation instructions which you should carefully follow.

Once installation is complete, you should be able to use your new licence with no issues.

Hope this helps!

CostX Forum Admin

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.