Student Forum

Welcome to the RIB support forum, designed for students to discuss technical issues about RIB software.

Please read the FAQ and your question may already be answered!

Student FAQ - Read First keyboard_arrow_right

General Discussion error in installing the software

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      satyasrikanth9
      Participant

hi team,

I have been trying to install the iTWO costX 6.9 Software. However there is an error reflecting about the database cluster and asking to seek permission from the administrator and supplier. I attach the screenshot of the error and the point where installation stops. Could you please look into this? i have tried my uninstalling the antivirus and run as administrator. but it did not worked.

Thanking you

RIB CostX

Hi,

Thanks for posting on the forum.

Please could you try the following:

1) Ensure that all Microsoft Updates have been installed.

2) Any antivirus installed (other than Microsoft Defender) may needed to be stopped or removed (if free). Preferably, antirivus should be completely removed. Then you should uninstall your current CostX and re-apply for a new serial number (since each number can only be activated once), then install costX again.

3) Use the right click on the installer file and use “Run as Administrator” for the install.

If this still does not work, please could you provide us (education@rib-software.com) with the log files which is in path: C:\ProgramData\Exactal\Logs – be aware this is a hidden path but you can also get to it via their Windows start button => RIB =>  iTWO costX => Shortcut to Logs. This will help us to help us identify and narrow down where the problem is with a student installation of v6.9.

Thank you.

iTWO costX Student Forum

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.