Student Forum

Welcome to the RIB support forum, designed for students to discuss technical issues about RIB software.

Please read the FAQ and your question may already be answered!

Student FAQ - Read First keyboard_arrow_right

General Discussion Error: EZFException: File "*.*" not found – Native error: 00042

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      matt.smith
      Participant

Hi,

When opening up a file on my CostX 6.8 I was greeted with an option to upgrade a CostX file that was “made with a previous version”. I clicked yes, and then I was confronted with this screenshot:

Previously in other courses last year (I’m part of the academic staff at a university), I simply clicked yes and this wasn’t an issue.

This is a copy of the upgrade log:

Backing up existing file
      An error occurred during the upgrade: EZFException: File “*.*” not found – Native error: 00042
      Upgrade failed.

I’d appreciate any help as I’ve not encountered this problem before and I have my classes commencing on Monday.

Thanks,
      Matt

matt.smith
      Participant

Hi Tech Support,

Are you able to respond to this? I can’t run my CostX classes efficiently without having CostX.

Thanks,
      Matt

RIB CostX

Hi Matt,

To further assist, our support team would like to call you to walk you through the solution.

Can you provide your phone number and email address please? Thanks.

CostX Forum Admin

RIB CostX

Hi Matt,

Thanks for posting on the student forum.

I have already sent your request to our Support Team who are currently investigating. Will revert soon.

Thank you for your patience.

CostX Forum Admin

matt.smith
      Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I can be contacted at matt.smith@unisa.edu.au, after which I will provide my phone number.

Much appreciated team,
      Matt

matt.smith
      Participant

Hi team,

I still haven’t received an email. Sorry to be pushy about this, but my class relies on it.

Cheers,

Matt

RIB CostX

Hi Matt,

Your email was provided to our Support Team, who should be contacting you directly shortly.

CostX Forum Admin

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by RIB CostX.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.