‹ › General Discussion › CostX program Crash
- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 10 months ago by iTWO costX Education.
4 Oct 2020 at 3:57 pm (GMT+0000+0) #1718j_clarke65Participant
I am using a windows computer that is less than 1 year old. I now have downloaded a second CostX program on my computer and both have had the same problem. After using the program for about 10 minutes the whole program crashes and closes. No error message is shown when this happens and the program will load right back open with out a message of closing unexpectedly. I need to use this program for multiple classes that I am in and it is extremely frustrating that this keeps happening .
5 Oct 2020 at 7:48 am (GMT+0000+0) #1725iTWO costX EducationModerator
Hi J Clarke,
Thanks for posting on the forum.
We’ve sent an email to your uni email address with a solution. Please check.
iTWO costX Forum Admin
31 May 2021 at 10:33 pm (GMT+0000+0) #1911S3874033Participant
Hi, can you please email me the solution as well, thanks
31 May 2021 at 10:45 pm (GMT+0000+0) #1912iTWO costX EducationModerator
Thank you for your post.
We believe this problem to be with a recent windows update – Microsoft has not yet released a patch for it, but please can you try the following steps which we think should resolve the problem.
1. Download http://download.techweb.rib-international.com/release/extras/Sentinel_LDK_Run-time_cmd_line.zip
2. Unzip the file to a temporary location C:\temp
3. Run Command Prompt by typing “cmd” into the windows search box and clicking “Command Prompt”
4. At the command prompt, type the following C:\temp\Sentinel_LDK_Run-time_cmd_line\haspdinst.exe -install
5. Click to allow the program to make changes to your computer and install.
6. When it has successfully installed, restart your machine.
Now you should hopefully be able to Install iTWO costX as normal without the bluescreen.
If the above still not work, could you please try changing the graphics driver setting? You can do this within iTWO costX by clicking: File -> Options -> Drawings and changing Graphics Drivers setting from OpenGL to Direct3D. If you could then click OK and restart the software, this should fix the issue.
Hope this helps!
iTWO costX Forum Admin
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.