Student Forum

Welcome to the RIB support forum, designed for students to discuss technical issues about RIB software.

Please read the FAQ and your question may already be answered!

Student FAQ - Read First keyboard_arrow_right

General Discussion Costx Core and Costx Auth services not running because access is denied

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Costx core and Costx Auth do not run when I try and open Costx. I then open the services app to try and ‘start’ these services but it says access is denied. How do I fix this? Can you fix this or do I need to go to my IT assistance to gain access?

RIB CostX

Hi ,

Thank you for your post.

In this case, you will need to either add the RIB program folder to the AV exclusions list, disable the AV scan and run RIB CostX® installer again to repair RIB CostX® services.

If the problem still exist, you are suggested to contact your IT assistant to gain access.

Regards,

iTWO costX Forum Admin

n11256443
      Participant

Hi there,

Do you have any screen shots on how to add the RIB program folder to the AV exclusion list and then disable the AV

RIB CostX

Hi ,

Due to different antivirus have different UI and settings, so there can’t be a single set of steps applicable to all.

users can google this up accoring to their Antivirus and set exceptions for the below folders-

C:\Program Files\Exactal\

Regards,

iTWO costX Forum Admin

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.