Student Forum

Welcome to the RIB support forum, designed for students to discuss technical issues about RIB software.

Please read the FAQ and your question may already be answered!

Student FAQ - Read First keyboard_arrow_right

General Discussion Cant open program

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mikhail77
      Participant

Hi, hope you are well. I am currently using CostX for my assignment on my PC and when I tried to open the program today I got these messages. I’m not too sure how to rectify this, as I don’t know the username and password. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you

Mikhail77
      Participant

RIB CostX

Hi Mikhail,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

Primarily, there are two common reasons for this error. Firstly, you should check if the CostX Database service is running. Open your Services windows and scroll down to “CostX Database” and check the Status. If it is not running, right click and select “Start”. If you have done this and still get the unable to connect to the database error, then this may be due to a firewall or antivirus software assuming that CostX is a malware. In this case, you will need to either add the Exactal program folder to the AV exclusions list of disable the AV scan and run CostX installer again to repair CostX services.

Furthermore, you will only be prompted to provide login credentials if you are running the “CostX Client”, instead, you should be running the “CostX (Standalone)”. Make sure you select CostX (Standalone) from the installation location to run the program.

Hope this helps! If you have further questions, please contact education@exactal.com

CostX Forum Admin

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.