Student Forum

Welcome to the RIB support forum, designed for students to discuss technical issues about RIB software.

Please read the FAQ and your question may already be answered!

Student FAQ - Read First keyboard_arrow_right

Activation & Licensing Activation & Licensing

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      diarmuidos
      Participant

I have tried to activate my educational membership. I’ve entered my college, my name and the serial code. When I  press the activate button it doesn’t work. I tried to do it manually but that didn’t work either.

When I set it up I chose the educational option before I finished downloading.

An error message comes up showing activation failed: Educational restriction failed(Requested non- educational, licence requested is educational. Serial number xxx xxx xxx xxx

RIB CostX

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

The error prompt “Educational restriction failed (Requested non-educational, license requested is educational)” is most commonly due to an installation error where you may have ran the “Network” option instead of “Standalone / Educational (Run with a local standalone database)”. Firstly, completely uninstall CostX from your current computer, including selecting ‘No’ when asked if you wish to keep the database. Then apply for a new serial. Finally reinstall CostX with the “Standalone / Educational (Run with a local standalone database)” option, which appears during the installation process.

Hope this Helps!

Regards,

CostX Forum Admin

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by RIB CostX.
      c15531307@mydit.ie
      Participant

costx educational  version sign in

c15531307@mydit.ie
      Participant

c15531307@mydit.ie
      Participant

RIB CostX

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

You need to choose “CostX”

Hope this Helps!

Regards,

CostX Forum Admin

Rob022
      Participant

I am facing activation problem even after I installed a stand alone version. Please help

RIB CostX

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

We wonder if you can post the screenshot on the forum?

Regards,

CostX Forum Admin

Rob022
      Participant

RIB CostX

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

An educational serial can only ever be activated once, on one computer. Simply apply for a new serial at the following link here then run CostX® again with your new serial.

You can apply for a new one on this web: https://education.itwocostx.com/support/forum/educational-request/

Regards,

CostX Forum Admin

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.