Student Forum

Welcome to the RIB support forum, designed for students to discuss technical issues about RIB software.

Please read the FAQ and your question may already be answered!

Student FAQ - Read First keyboard_arrow_right

Activation & Licensing Activation failed

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      jodie.b
      Participant

Hi I have read through some of the other forms that have had the same issue as I came across of the “Requested non-educational, licence requested is educational” fault and followed the instructions provided in all the other forums, however, I am still getting the same fault even after going through the correct process and selecting the correct network for the licence type.

What do/can I do next?

Thanks

RIB CostX

Hi JODIE,

Please refer to

 I installed iTWO costX® but I’m getting an error message: “Educational restriction failed (Requested non-educational, license requested is educational)”.

The error prompt “Educational restriction failed (Requested non-educational, license requested is educational)” is most commonly due to an installation error where you may have ran the “Network” option instead of “Standalone / Educational (Run with a local standalone database)”. Firstly, completely uninstall iTWO costX® from your current computer, including selecting ‘No’ when asked if you wish to keep the database. Then reinstall iTWO costX® with the “Standalone / Educational (Run with a local standalone database)” option, which appears during the installation process. After that, it should be able to work for you.

Regards,

iTWO costX Forum Admin

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.