Student Forum

Welcome to the RIB support forum, designed for students to discuss technical issues about RIB software.

Please read the FAQ and your question may already be answered!

Student FAQ - Read First keyboard_arrow_right

General Discussion 7.1 Student installation

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      aleksandar dragas
      Participant

I have never downloaded this before, so I downloaded the student version 7.1. Once download is complete, it says is requires running CostX Auth and CostX Core. Would you like to start these services. NOTE: Administrator permission is required.  Whenever I press Yes or No, the same outcome comes which is Not running both programs still and Please open the Service App, select each of the above services in the list, and click the Start Service button, or contact your IT administrator for assistance.

Please help asap.

RIB CostX

Hi Alek,

It seems like you are using the device from the campus, please contact the campus IT administrator for assistance.

Regards,

iTWO costX Forum Admin

Jazmyn
      Participant

I got this same issue but it is not a university laptop  but it is a university license for the program. Can you please assist with this?

RIB CostX

Hi Jazmyn,

Kindy please search “When I run RIB CostX® I get the error message “The following services that RIB CostX® requires are not running:”” in the student FAQ.

Regards,

iTWO costX Forum Admin

Adam
      Participant

I am having a similar issue installing the student version of Cost X 7.1. where it states that both Cost X Auth and Core are not running. When entering the services dashboard on my laptop both fail to start. I have tried every solution suggested in the forum such as reinstalling Cost X, turning of my AV and firewalls and excluding the cost x file from my AV, etc.  But all these options failed to fix the issue.

I recently uninstalled Cost X version 7.0 from my laptop, I assume this might be causing the problems. Otherwise i am looking for assistance and guidance on what to do next to resolve this issue ASAP.

Kind Regards,

Adam

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.